How to use Anthem.com
- Under the “Welcome to” banner, click on “National Accounts” from the pull down menu and click the “Enter” button.
- Then click on “Find a Doctor” on the left hand side. Click “Yes” in the Security Information box.
- Enter “IHE” in the Identification Prefix box on the Provider Finder page and click “Next”.
- Fill in the blanks with your address or select the state from the pull down menu and click “Next”.
- Select the type of provider from the pull down box choices (“All Providers”, “Physician, or Other Medical Professional” or “Hospital, Clinic or Other Medical Facility”).
- You can then select from several general or specialty categories.
We are pleased to announce that OptumRx has been chosen to replace CVS/Caremark as your Prescription Benefit Manager (PBM) effective January 1, 2019. In regards to this decision, your H&W Fund participates in the Internationals (IUOE) Healthcare Coalition, which represents over 440,000 lives. During their most recent negotiation for services for the 2019 – 2021 contract, OptumRx was chosen as the sole vendor by exceeding value and savings for the participants.
You can continue to use your same pharmacy, you will need to present your new OptumRx ID card so they can update your PBM information, and verify they are in your network. An exciting improvement is that you can now have a 90 day supply filled at any participating pharmacy. Also, there have been no changes to your benefit co-payment amounts.
If you received a letter from OptumRx advising that you will need to change your current medication to a less expensive version, you can disregard this notice as we have informed OptumRx that we do not require our participants to use a less expensive medication, it is your choice.
Should you have any questions or need to order additional ID cards, you can contact OptumRx member services by calling 1-855-295-9140. You can also print a temporary member ID card at optumrx.com. In the coming weeks, we will also be mailing you new Medical ID cards that will include your new OptumRx information, then you will have all of your information on a single card.
Taking an active role in your own medical treatment may be one of the most important decisions of your life. It is essential for patients and doctors to be partners in health care and a good partnership with your doctor begins with open communication.
The American Society of Internal Medicine estimates that 70% of a correct diagnosis depends on what the patient tells their doctor. Simply making a list of questions before an office visit will improve communication by helping you to organize your thoughts and your doctor to clearly understand your concerns.
When you need to seek medical attention, be sure to check with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, your primary Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), to see if they do participate. Remember, Blue Cross Blue Shield providers have agreed to accept the allowable charges permitted for services. This means they will not bill you the difference (any amount over the allowable charge). Also, your Fund pays a higher percentage to PPO providers, which means, you will pay a lower copay, which saves you money.